Unmatched in North America
While our improved snowmaking and irrigation equipment saves a significant amount of energy, Telski continues to research and develop alternative fuel and energy sources and to implement company-wide conservation measures to further reduce the resort’s greenhouse gas emissions. Telski consistently encourages energy conservation throughout the resort and replaces appliances and lights with newer, more efficient models.
- Renewable energy feasibility study performed with Mountain Village to study options for utilization of solar Renewable energy feasibility study underway with Mountain Village to study options for utilization of solar, hydro and wind power resources.
- Energy audits completed with San Miguel Power Association.
- $15,000 dedicated to retrofits for 2005 (capital cut off before completed).
- New golf course irrigation system reduces energy by 25 percent its first year.
- New snowmaking equipment increased energy efficiency.
- Energy audits available to provide baseline information for energy initiatives (4 years).
- Energy-efficient copy machines purchased for offices.
- Phased lighting retrofits for all facilities in progress. High Camp, Gorrono, vehicle Maitenance shop complete.
- Passive solar incorporated into newer High Camp restaurant.
- Motion sensors installed in Plaza restrooms and external lighting of Mtn .Ops.
- Upgraded and replaced forced air heat with radiant heaters in lift terminals. Lifts 12 complete with lifts 4 and 5 in 2007. Also installed timers.
- Replace heater in lift maintenance building with waste oil heater run by used fryer grease.
- Partnership with ClifBar and BEF to purchase wind power for lift 4.
- Green tags sold at ticket windows in 06/07, 500 purchased, money goes to BEF.
- Replacement of electrical heating system at Gorrono with gas furnace. Will improve efficiency by estimated 40 percent. Replaced 4 old electric hot water heaters with 2 new gas tanks.