In celebration of a great winter and an incredible amount of snow, we hope you enjoy the fun-filled lineup of events we’ve planned for you. Check out our closing weekend schedule below!
April 1st, 2023
TBC Goose Chase Scavenger Hunt & Happy Hour
On Saturday, April 1st, Telluride Brewing Company will be hosting its annual Goose Chase Scavenger Hunt from 11 am to 3 pm. This will take place on-mountain, and registration is available online now. You can also sign up for the event in-person on April 1st. Registration will occur from 10 to 11 am at the TBC tents located in the core of Mountain Village. To participate, groups of 1-4 people (**ages 21+**) simply pay a fee of $25/per person. After the Goose Chase, TBC will be offering a happy hour from 3 to 4 pm. Show up, enjoy some signature brews, and maybe even win a prize in the process!
Hanorama Jamma Rail Jam
That same afternoon (April 1st), the Terrain Park crew will be hosting their annual Hanorama Jamma Rail Jam in honor of Hannah Smith. This event will take place at the base of Lift 4 in Mountain Village at 3:30 pm. While no registration is needed before the event, you must fill out a waiver in order to participate, which can be done on-site. All are encouraged to come out and watch. DJ Castle will be performing throughout the event. Be sure to show your support, and join the community in celebrating the life & memory of Hannah.
April 2nd, 2023 – Closing Day
The following day, Sunday, April 2nd, will bring the season to a close. The Resort will celebrate our great winter with a Closing Day Party at Gorrono Ranch. The annual pond skim tradition will take place again this year from 12 pm to 2 pm. If you want to participate, be sure to register at Gorrono from 10 am to 11 am – get there promptly, as spots fill up quickly! DJ Wombat will be performing throughout the afternoon to keep the celebration going on. We hope to see a crowded beach, so make sure you get your turns in and then head on by!
The resort will shut down promptly at 4pm on April 2nd, 2023. The mountain will then be closed for clean-up and summer preparation until April 8th. No uphill access or public access of any kind will be permitted during this time. However, starting April 8th, clean-ups will be complete and uphill access to the public will re-open. At that time, please adhere to the following safety protocols:
- Please be aware of unmarked hazards. No avalanche mitigation, Ski Patrol, or other resort services will be available. Treat all terrain as backcountry: travel with a partner, communicate your objectives with an emergency contact, and be prepared to self-rescue.
- Please be aware of operational traffic and plowing. Respect all closure signage; give snowcats, snowmobiles, heavy equipment and all mountain traffic the right-of-way and plenty of space.
- Do not cross in front of or behind a vehicle without verbal or physical (hand wave) acknowledgement.
- Please refrain from taking motorized vehicles on the mountain. Public access on the mountain is restricted to non-motorized use only. Violations of this non-motorized policy, mountain closures, or restrictions may result in the loss future ski area use by the violating party.
- Elk Calving Closure in Prospect Basin begins May 20th and lasts through June 30th. Please respect this closure in the affected areas.
- The Gondola will close for off-season maintenance at midnight on Sunday, April 2nd, 2023. It will re-open for the summer at 6:30 am on Thursday, May 25th, 2023. While the gondola is closed, shuttles will run every 30 minutes. For more details, please see the off-season bus schedule here.
With that said, we hope you enjoy the beauty of spring in Telluride, should you stick around. We’d like to thank you for an incredible winter, and we look forward to seeing you again this summer!